Monday, December 9, 2013

What I bought - Fall beauty edition

Hi lovelies,
I have accumulated a collection of beautybits over the past months (it feels like months but it probably is less than 2 months) and I'm showing it to you all. I can't seem to stop buying things...
I got 5 lipproducts, 1 nailpolish, 1 blush, 1 eyeliner, 1 make-upbrush, 1 make-upbag and 2 hairbrushes. 

My make-upbag(4€) is from primark and I bought it because I sleep over at my girlfriends house every weekend so I have to get all of my beauty products there. I have a small, very small make-up bag that turns out to be too small. I also have a huge toiletries bag to get all your stuff in if you're going on holiday but that one turns out to be too big. I can't fit it in my handbag so I can't use it on a daily basis. At Primark I saw this one, took it home, hoped it was a better size and yes it was. It's ideally sized and has polkadots whilst being monochrome. What's not to like? 

Also at primark I got a teasing brush(1.5€) but now 3 weeks later I still haven't used it... I feel like I need it in my life but on a daily basis I just let my hair be loose in it's natural state or in a bun. I also got a normal hairbrush. I got in from a giftshop for 5€ so it's pretty cheap but I choose this one because it's so soft against my head. I really don't like hard bristles on hairbrushes because it hurts and I have a skin condition which makes it even more horrible so without a good brush I just tend to not brush my hair. This one is cheap, soft, pink and has princess written on the back so it's made for me. It's actually a repurchase. My aunt got me the same one but with my name written on the back and I was like 'that's so lame, I will probably never use that thing' turns out it is my favorite hairbrush and when it broke I had to find a new one.
 Onto make-up you already saw the nailpolish and blush in this post so I won't talk about it any further. I got a new black kohl eyeliner because my other five apparently don't seem to be enough. This one is from Catrice and is the longlasting eye pencil. It's supposed to be waterproof and costs 2.39€ I also got an eyeshadow brush from Essence (the smokey eyes brush), is purple and only cost me a mere 1.29€. It does the job until I get decent brushes. I like this one a lot but I don't know what is out there so this could be absolute crap and I wouldn't even realise. 

I also bought 2 lipbalms. You know one isn't enough to buy in a month. It's not like I don't already have at least six lipbalms. However I'm about to finish my first one because I tend to lose them before I get to finish them. I also make the mistake to buy lipbalms with fragrance so they have a taste and when I start using them more frequently the taste makes me sick and just the thought of it makes me not want to use it anymore. When I saw Kruidvat finally stocked burts bees I just went for it and bought it. But again it has a fragrance(it's the pomegranate one) so only time can tell when I will start to hate it nomather how much I like it now. The smell is so familiar but I can't put my finger on it and still don't know where I know it from. 

I also went to my local pharmacy asked the lady for a heavy duty lipbalm and she offered me this one because it's getting really cold now and my lips crack and once they crack I can't resist it and HAVE to bite all the little pieces. It makes my lips bleed and crack even more. It's a never ending circle. I hope this one helps. It has a very very slight fragrance but nothing that makes me sick  (*she says hopefull*). It says it's slightly glossy but it's not. It's very glossy, lipgloss is nothing compared to the Louis Widmer remederm lipbalm(7.20€). 
Swatches : eyeliner//champaign stain//berry long time//pleasure me red
Last but not least the lip colors. I bought 2 NYC smootch proof 16hours lipstains. I got them on 50% off discount but I can't find my receipt so I don't know how much I paid it can't be more than 5€ though for both of them. I got the colours champaign stain and berry long time. I also bought a maybelline color sensational lipstick(10.99€) in pleasure me red. I wanted a new red lipstick which is a dark red but not a berry colour. This is the one that made the cut. I swatched almost every red lipstick I could find because I don't like shiny lip products. I like matt and this one isn't extremely matt but it was by far the closest I could find beside the Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks but the color I wanted wasn't in stock and I needed to buy one. Do you ever get that feeling that you just have to buy something so you buy the next best thing? I still want the Rimmel one but this one really doesn't disappoint and I have worn it a couple of times. 

I hope you liked my buys 

Goodbyeeee

- Nikki 

No comments:

Post a Comment