Monday, March 24, 2014

Review - Bourjois Rouge Velvet Edition Lipstick

Hi lovelies,
Today I wanted to review a new lipstick launch. I'm talking about the Rouge Edition Velvet lipsticks by Bourjois. I'm completely blown away by this lipproduct. This is a liquid lipstick that dries matt. When you first apply it it has a creamy, velvet (I see what they did there) consistency and after a while it dries to a completely matt finish. The best thing about it is that when they dry, it feels like you have nothing on your lips. This product also happens to be very longlasting without being drying on the lips. Another big plus is that the colour doesn't transfer when you kiss your boyfriend/girlfriend.The packaging is pretty and handy due to the doe-foot applicator. The colourrange is gorgeous and I actually wanted all the colours. The only colour I miss is a real nude colour because I've bought the most nude shade but it's still really pink. The price is decent at 13.99 euros. It's a bit pricey but worth every penny.
I got these 2 colours, Frambourjoise and Nude-ist. It's the pink-reddish shade and the most nude, old pink shade. I also really wanted the dark red colour(Grand Cry) but out of all the colour swatches I did in store, this one was the least smooth so I was a bit hesitant to buy that one but I probably will buy it at one point...
Yes that's the cat as my background...
As a little tip I would say that's best to let them dry before you rub your lips together because the colour can move a bit and than it doesn't look as opaque as it would otherwise. Because they really are opaque in one coat, even though that doesn't come across on the swatches above.
I'm wearing Nude-ist on this picture.
This one is Frambourjoise, also a gorgeous shade.
To conclude, I really love this line. I owe Bourjois a big thank you because I love matt lipsticks but they are impossible to find on the drugstore market. Not only matt but also non-drying which seemed to be impossible before this launch. I think this is the best liplaunch of the year, for me at least. What do you think about them? Have you tried any of the shades?

Goodbyeeee

- Nikki 

No comments:

Post a Comment