Sunday, August 17, 2014

Dour 2014 - Saturday

Hi lovelies,
Onto Day 4 at dour which was Saturday. Who did we see for as far as I remember (at this point I really regret not writing down who I saw) Levela, Madball, Sick Of It All, Doctor P, The Hives, MLCD,... I really really loved The Hives concert. I think it's by far the best performance I ever saw. I enjoyed every minute of it. Afterwards I was in complete aww. 

Concertwise I loved my experience at Dour festival. It has been my favorite festival for years but this year just wasn't the same for me. You may know this about me but I don't do drugs, never have, never will. Dour festival happens to be one of the festivals were there is the most druguse. Because I never use, I never come into contact with drugs because also nobody in my friendgroup uses drugs. When you know that I'm sure you can understand it's quite the cultureshock to go to a festival were you see soo many people use drugs. I don't mind when people do drugs, it's their own choice and as long you don't peer pressure me it's fine by me but this year felt different. From the first 3 years I was used to seeing a lot of joints around but there were still a lot of people like me who didn't use. This year you almost saw everybody use and it didn't stay with just a joint. I saw people do coke in less than half a metre away from me. I stared in full shock because it's illegal and they didn't even try to hide it. Because of all the drugs people seemed more on edge, less friendly and chill than previous years. It made me feel less safe. At night dudes fell on top of the tent I slept in, I found my tent moved for 1.5 meters when I came back to campingsite on Saturdaynight, all our shoes were laying in the pouring rain and my allstars were stolen. You can't even defend yourself against people who use drugs because when you find your tent moved you can't even say you're not amused by that, who knows how they will react? We're just 2 girls so we can't defend ourselves as well as a group can. Taking this all in consideration this was my least good experience at Dour festival and it makes me reconsider if I want to go again next year. 

It makes me a bit sad because the organisation really does try their best and the line up is always amazing. The whole festival is so versatile and I used to love it but now I have my doubts. 
Limburg represented at Dour? 
Have you done festivals this year? Did you enjoy them?

Goodbyeeee

- Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment