Tuesday, August 11, 2015

What I Bought - Lush & The Bodyshop

Hi babes,
Yesterday I went shopping in Maastricht. I bought mainly skincare bits, if you're interested I'll show them below and add some context and information about the products. 
I went to Lush and The Bodyshop. I adore both of these shops, I always have the best experience. The sales assistants are always prepared to help and give plenty of information. The lady in The Bodyshop even gave me a skintest which made it easier to choose the right product. It sounds so obvious but nobody ever offered me one and I thought I had normal skin and could use about everything, turns out my skin is dry. I knew I had dry skin in Winter but in Summer? That was a surprise. Luckily I was already shopping in the right range but that was a happy accident. I just bought what was new and popular. 
I repurchased my summer moisturiser which is the vitamin E aqua boost sorbet. This is genuinely the nicest moisturiser. It sinks in so quickly and feels very light on the skin whilst still giving a lot of hydration. I also purchased the drops of youth eye concentrate. It feels so nice and cooling underneath the eyes. I'll have to update you on whether it's still good for my skin in Winter because I do get really dry undereyes. For Summer it's certainly the best thing ever. I also got the peppermint cooling foot spray as a freebie from the lovely people at The Bodyshop. It isn't something I would purchase but now that I've tried it... It definitely felt great to spray on my feet after a long shopping day. I guess it's up to you if you would be interested in this sort of thing.
I first became interested in Lush for it's bathboms but recently I've looked into the brand some more and they have lots of great other products. I especially wanted to try the Superbalm. This is a balm you work into your scalp (only using tiny amounts because it contains a lot of oils) let it sink in for 20 minutes and wash out afterwards. It's meant for people who suffer from eczema or psoriasis (which I do suffer from). So I decided to try this because the products my dermatologists had recommended didn't do anything. Why not try something natural instead? I also purchased the Seanik shampoo bar. The shampoo bars are told to last as long as 3 250ml bottles of shampoo which is better for your purse and the environment. I got the Seanik bar which will hopefully make my hair voluminous due to the seasalt. Anais got the Jumping Juniper shampoo bar (the purple one) for greasy hair. I will probably steal this away from her multiple times that's why I included it in this haul. Last but not least I stayed in the blue theme by buying the Big Blue bath bomb. It's impossible to leave a Lush store without buying a bathbomb, let's face it. As a freebie I got the Prince shaving cream.

Goodbyeeee

- Nikki 

No comments:

Post a Comment